Friday, March 2, 2012

Church Decor

   Last night I finished the spring decorations for the church. I look forward to taking down the winter and putting the spring up tomorrow! :)  I definitely got my mom's love for flower arranging and decorating, and when I do these things it never feels like work to me!  Perhaps someday I'll jump into the family business and become a wedding planner, decorator and coordinator like my Momma! :) 
    There's nothing I enjoy more than doing things for our church!  I'm usually doing all the behind the scenes things, such as these decorations, bulletins, cleaning and nursery schedules, etc.  but I wouldn't have it any other way!  As a pastor's wife, it is not my job to be in the spot light!  Doing these odd jobs is what keep things less hectic and stressful for my husband.  He does not have to worry about the seemingly little things so he can keep his focus on studying and praying for our people and revival!  That's all part of being a help meet for him!  My utmost duty however is still prayer!  Praying for our people and praying for the Spirit to empower my husband and give him wisdom as he leads his flock!  We're blessed with wonderful, teachable people who love the Lord and just want to do what He pleases!  How grateful we are for these dear people who have such a servant's heart! 
    I'm kind of sad that I do not have more things to decorate for the church right now; I finished it all last night!  But I look forward to putting the things up and brightening the church for spring!  I'll post pictures soon!
    Have a wonderful day and remember to keep HIM first!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I am looking forward to photos!!